Position Description – Communications Manager
Head of Marketing and Communications
The Communications Manager is responsible for the development, positive positioning and ongoing management of Irabina’s image and reputation.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for communicating key messages to defined target audiences to establish goodwill and understanding between the families, the industry and its stakeholders in general. This is proactively achieved by generating positive coverage through effective media relations with broadcast, print and new media.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Implement the marketing and communications strategy for current and new Irabina’s programs and activities.
- Manage the production of marketing collateral, major publications and engagement with the Irabina community to support the businesses strategic objectives – including the creation and management of company website.
- End-to-end project management of key digital and campaign builds to ensure effective products/ campaigns and associated outcomes.
- Management of social platforms and initiates to achieve business objectives.
- Manage relationships with external agencies and suppliers in relation to marketing, communication and business development initiatives.
- Act as a brand advocate within the business, ensuring best-practice is maintained and supported.
- Continue to monitor and report on progress of projects being able to recognise barriers and find effective solutions.
- Provide support and assistance across the functions and activities delivered in the portfolio as requested by the Head of Marketing and Communications.
- Contributes to the development of a highly effective team by participating in and contributing to team meetings, strategic and corporate planning meetings, team work plans and relevant cross unit working groups.
- Is responsible at all times for maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for all.
Conditions of Employment:
- Degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a marketing or communications professional.
- Able to manage multiple conflicting needs and prioritise effectively.
- Manages all facets of a project including resources, vendors, timelines and budgets.
- Ability to utilise data and evidence with creativity to develop campaigns that genuinely raise awareness and change behaviour.
- Communicates effectively and builds relationships will all stakeholders of the project.
- Structures written communications effectively to achieve their purpose.
- To be employed in accordance with the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010.
- Irabina is a Public Benevolent Institution, generous Salary Packaging Options are available to all Irabina Staff.
- Participation in Performance Review Procedures and all other quality improvement initiatives implemented by Irabina Autism Services.